I vi ii V Progression
For the V chord, we can play a V7. We can do the same for the I, vi, and ii as well → I
7, vim7, iim7. With the neutral versions of the R5 chords, none of this is going to happen [they aren’t even Major or minor].
Let’s play this progression in the following ways:
- In C, using P1 open string chords
- In C, using E shape R5 chords
- In G, using P1 open string chords
- In G, using E shape R5 chords
- Try either P1 open string or R5 in a new key • resource • by doing this we can quickly find out the boundaries of our chord catalog. We keep learning new chords. We’ll be going key by key in this learning path. For now, we want to make sure C & G are solid.